Are you an experienced teacher who is looking for more flexible work? Have you got experience working with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities either professionally or personally?
Look no further! I am currently looking for SEND Teachers from a range of backgrounds to work with schools area either on a day to day or long-term basis.
Protocol Education can work around you, offering either part time or full-time hours.
As a teacher you will work hard to encourage progression by planning and adapting lessons to work around the needs and pace of the students. You will be supported by a host of Teaching Assistants and support staff as you focus on building pupils’ confidence, academic ability, and quality of learning.
Working in a host of schools you will mainly work in through schools and so flexibility will be key. You will work with a range of special needs such as, PMLD, SEMH, ASC, MLD just to mention a few. It is likely that you will work in small classrooms with no more than 12 children in and roughly half the amount of teaching assistants. From early years to sixth form, you can work with a range of ages based on your preference.
Being adaptable in this role is key to being successful. You will be focused on following the ethos and aims of the school, while being a friendly face for students to go to in times of need. You must be open to going the extra mile to ensure students are given the best education possible.
Extra qualifications such as moving and handling, team teach, or medical administration is desired but not essential. Protocol Education will provide these courses and so you must be willing to take part.
What Protocol can offer:
- A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
- Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
- Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
- Competitive Rates
- Refer a friend scheme: £250 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
- The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.