Protocol Education are recruiting for SEND TA's to work in SEND Schools and Alternative Education Provisions across Newcastle and North Tyneside.
Roles available are full time (Monday-Friday during term time working 8.30am-3.30pm) with many to begin ASAP (pending clearance). A high percentage of our roles do result in permanent/ direct contracts with the school after a period of time working through Protocol Education (more information on this can be provided at registration.)
In your role as teaching assistant you will work Monday-Friday (term time only, between 8.30 -3.30) supporting children with special educational needs including autism, ADHD and SEMH (social, emotional and mental health). Many of the children that you have worked with have a high number of ACEs (Adverse childhood experiences), and may at times display challenging behaviour.
Our client schools in Newcastle and North Tyneside are interested in applications from both experienced Special educational needs support assistants and those who have more limited experience but are interested in working with children. The role could be suitable for someone who has a background in sports coaching, care, psychology or experience of working with challenging behaviour.
In your role as SEND teaching assistant you may:
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education/ behaviour plans to allow for children with SEND to make progress.
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom.
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in activities.
- Monitor, evaluate and provide feedback to ensure pupil achievement and progress and maintain accurate records.
- Experienced consultant
- Free training to support you in your role
- No umbrella companies
- Competitive pay
- Excellent transport links
If this sounds like you. Apply now. For more information or to discuss the role in more detail please call
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.