Protocol Education are recruiting individuals passionate about supporting young people with additional needs in their education! Whether you have experience as a TA or are from a care background looking for a new challenge, this could be for you.
Position Overview: As a Teaching Assistant specializing in PMLD with Protocol Education, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of young people with complex learning needs. This role involves providing support in a variety of educational settings, fostering a positive and inclusive environment for students facing profound and multiple learning challenges.
- Provide one-on-one and group support to students with PMLD in various educational settings.
- Assist in implementing individualized education plans (IEPs) and adapting teaching strategies to meet the unique needs of each student.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting the social and emotional development of students.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, therapists, and other professionals to create a holistic support system for students.
- Support students with personal care and mobility needs, with a focus on dignity and respect.
- Communicate effectively with school staff, parents, and external professionals to ensure coordinated support.
- Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous but not essential.
- A genuine passion for supporting young people with complex learning needs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and adapt to different educational settings.
- Compassion, patience, and a positive attitude.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Alternatively you can contact Beth Glossop on 0114 252 1975 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.