Protocol Education are looking for full time or part time SEND teaching assistants to work across SEND schools in Sheffield. If you have relevant experience working with children or adults with social, emotional and mental health needs, apply today for a role which is challenging but extremely rewarding.
About the schools:
We work with a range of SEND schools across Sheffield which cater to children wtih differing needs, from SEMH needs to PMLD or SLD. The roles can be long term or short term depending on what you are looking for.
Working as a part time or full time teaching assistant you will provide support for SEND students in order to ensure that they’re getting the best out of their education and are given an equal opportunity to succeed outside of the classroom. Initially you will work on a temporary basis however there is the opportunity of a permanent contract.
What we need from you:
Whether you have previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or are looking for a new challenge this role could be for you. As an individual you will be outgoing and confident in your abilities to support and encourage young people to succeed. You will be passionate about helping young people who are vulnerable to succeed. You will need to be confident in managing challenging behaviour and have strategies to de-escalate children who are acting out.
What Protocol can offer:
- A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
- Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
- Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
- Competitive Rates
- Refer a friend scheme: £50 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
- The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, call Beth in the Sheffield office on 0114 252 1975 to discuss or email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to provide more information.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.