Protocol Education are currently looking for a specialist SEND mentors and support workers to work within SEND schools within the Sheffield area. The role would be ideal for any candidate who is looking for a new setting or has an interest in working with children with additional needs. We have part time and full time roles available, on both adhoc or long term basis.
For this role, the successful candidate must have:
• Experience of working within a similar setting (ideal, not essential)
• Experience of working with vulnerable people with additional needs - this could be in a care setting or elsewhere
• Knowledge of the Autism spectrum
• Knowledge of SEN
• Be able to show reliance in challenging situations
• Relevant qualifications (Team Teach desirable)
• An enthusiastic and flexible approach to working
The successful candidate would be required to work within small groups and at times on a 1:1 basis with students who require additional support. You will need to have a proactive approach to use your initiative, although the class teacher will offer you constant support and guidance. The students you work with will have varied needs including Autism and physical disabilities. The ability to build positive relationships with students and staff will be key.
Protocol Education are required to take safeguarding steps which include:
- DBS check at the cost of £38, if you do not already have one on the government update subscription service.
- 3 year professional references and work experience, gaps listed
- Proof of address and right to work in the UK
Benefits of working with Protocol:
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer
- Free Webinars
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community
- Social event (currently online)
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
If you would like more information on this role and its requirements, please call the Sheffield branch (0114 252 1975) and ask for Beth or email email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.