SEND Learning Support Assistant | SEN Teaching Assistant
Pay Rate: Paid to Scale (depending on experience)
Are you on the lookout for a new opportunity as a SEND Learning Support Assistant based in the Chelmsford area?
Well, look no further…We are looking for an experienced special needs Learning Support Assistant for our mainstream primary schools in Chelmsford. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with and experienced working with a variety of SEN needs.
We are looking for someone who provides a happy environment for all, helping children to achieve to the best of their ability and someone who can thrive in a creative environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with small groups and 1:1 time with SEN children.
- Helping and encouraging children with academic tasks.
- Great behavioural management and communication skills.
- Using resources to help students understand and engage in lessons.
We are looking for someone with:
- A positive and can-do attitude to provide the best care for our SEN pupils.
- You will enjoy working as part of a team and collaborating with other teachers.
- Quickly able to adapt and change as necessary in the classroom.
- Previous SEND experience.
- Hold a valid DBS.
If this sounds right for you…hit apply!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.