We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced SEND HLTA to join our team at a well-established school situated directly between Rotherham and Doncaster. Our school is rated Good by Ofsted and offers excellent transport links, making it easily accessible via the M1/18.
About the School: The school is dedicated to providing high-quality education and support to children with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD). They have a post-16 site located just a short journey into Rotherham, ensuring a seamless transition for the students as they progress in their education.
- Assist in planning and delivering engaging lessons, tailored to meet the individual needs of students with SLD.
- Support students in their academic, social, and emotional development, fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Work collaboratively with teachers, therapists, and other support staff to ensure the best possible outcomes for students.
- Provide one-on-one support to students, as well as small group interventions.
- Hold a relevant qualification or certification as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA).
- Previous experience working with children with SLD or special educational needs is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- A patient and empathetic approach, with a genuine passion for supporting the learning and development of children with SEND.
- Supportive and friendly working environment.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Convenient location with great transport links.
- Refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant who will help you with career progression
- Access to over 100 CPD courses
If you are a dedicated SEND HLTA looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children with SLD, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application, including your CV and a cover letter, detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining our team.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.