Our special school in Rotherham is looking for a dedicated SEND English Teacher to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching English to secondary aged students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging English lessons for students with SEND in accordance with the National Curriculum.
- Assess and record student progress, providing regular feedback to parents and carers as well as to colleagues.
- Adapt teaching methods to meet the individual needs of students, using specialist resources and assistive technologies where required.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and external professionals to ensure that all students’ needs are met.
- Promote a safe and inclusive learning environment where students can thrive.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with experience teaching secondary aged students with SEND.
- Strong subject knowledge in English and an understanding of the National Curriculum.
- Experience in adapting teaching methods to meet the individual needs of students with SEND.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a passion for working with young people.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
If you are a qualified SEND English Teacher with a passion for working with students with SEND, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and covering letter today.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.