Currently working in partnership with a lovely setting which provides exceptional support for students aged 11 - 19 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties who are excluded, or are at risk of exclusion from mainstream education. This ofsted rated 'Good' setting is looking for an employee who will support in making a long term positive impact to their setting.
The Students require someone who is patient, understanding and reassuring but it is also important to build effective relationships for a fun and safe environemnt.
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Temp to perm
Salary: TBC at interview stage
As the SEND CO, you're job description will include:
- Determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEND) policy and provision in the school
- Be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEND policy, in conjunction with other staff, and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEND or a disability
- Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies
- Maintain an accurate SEND register and provision map
- Provide guidance to colleagues on teaching pupils with SEND, and advise on the graduated approach to SEND support
- Reporting to the head teacher
- Review the education, health and care plan (EHCP) with parents or carers and the pupil
- Ensure if the pupil transfers to another school, all relevant information is conveyed to it, and support a smooth transition for the pupil
- Analyse assessment data for pupils with SEND
- Implement and lead intervention groups for pupils with SEND, and evaluate their effectiveness
More information to be provided at interview stage
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.