Protocol Education is a leading education recruitment agency that specializes in providing staffing solutions for schools and educational institutions in the UK. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate SEND Classroom Assistant to work in Doncaster.
As an SEND Classroom Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in mainstream classrooms. Your duties will include:
- Providing academic and emotional support to students with SEND
- Assisting the class teacher in delivering lessons and managing the classroom environment
- Developing and implementing individual education plans (IEPs) for students with SEND
- Monitoring and recording student progress, and reporting to the class teacher and SENCO
- Liaising with parents and external professionals, such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and educational psychologists
- Working collaboratively with other members of staff to create an inclusive learning environment for all students
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Previous experience working with students with SEND is desirable
- Knowledge of different SEND conditions, and strategies for supporting students with SEND
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong IT skills and the ability to use technology to enhance learning
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
We offer a range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Competitive rates of pay, paid weekly
- Access to free CPD training courses
- A dedicated consultant who will support you throughout your placement
- Opportunities for career progression and permanent employment
- A supportive and friendly working environment
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Becky.Foster@Protocol-Education.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.