We are looking for a SENCo to start a role in Southend ASAP. We are seeking to appoint a newly qualified or experienced SENDCo that has the appropriate qualification or experience or someone with leadership experience, willing to undertake the NASENCO qualification.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and developing the Inclusion provision and will be an exemplary practitioner. This is a varied role, which would suit an adaptable, flexible, and resourceful individual who is able to work collaboratively with a supportive SLT, LSA and teacher team to co-ordinate SEND provision across the school.
Starts ASAP, full time, non-class based with some teaching duties.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have outstanding experience and exceptional understanding of teaching in a variety of phases in a Primary school.
- Have SEND experience and/or the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination or be willing to complete the award.
- Have a thorough understanding of the SEN code of practice
Have both an excellent understanding of pupil progress and support teachers and LSAs on how to get the best experiences and education for SEND children.
- Has the knowledge and expertise to build on established processes and systems.
- Be open to new approaches to teaching and learning and take interventions across the school.
- Training and advising staff.
- Be an excellent team player
- What the school offers its staff
They can offer you:
- A hardworking, fun learning environment, with welcoming and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn.
- Outstanding CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to be part of the team, working with a dedicated and hardworking staff.
- A school with children with many needs and abilities, including our nurture group.
- A very experienced Inclusion officer / Assistant SENDCo who will support you all the way.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.