SEN Teaching Assistant - Hammersmith and Fulham
An Ofsted rated 'Good' school in Hammersmith and Fulham are searching for a Teaching Assistant to join their Year 1 classroom, ASAP. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience working with SEN children and have a passion and enthusiasm working with young children. The school are dedicated in using creative teaching spaces to ensure their students development thrives. This role is full-time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To help in the preparation and organisation of classroom resources including adjusting in classroom layout
- To feedback information to the Teacher in Charge of the Provision on the observed difficulties in understanding or skills.
- To lead small group activities within a class, as directed by the teacher, to support students
- To work to the direction of the teacher and to support the setup of individual schedules and work systems.
- To help the students work as independently as possible
- The ability to work well within a team
- Passionate and interested with working with children for SEND
- Patient and understanding approach
Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing support from our approachable and friendly team
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD)
- £250 refer a friend scheme
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance. 'Keeping children safe in Education'. We also offer FREE online Safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS update service.
If you are interested in this role then please apply or get in touch with us.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.