Our SEN school in Doncaster is currently seeking a passionate and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant who is proficient in British Sign Language (BSL) to support our students with special educational needs.
- Providing one-to-one support for students with special educational needs
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of lessons under the direction of the class teacher
- Supporting students with their personal care needs if needs be
- Using British Sign Language (BSL) to communicate with students who have hearing impairments
- Establishing positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- Assisting with the monitoring and assessment of students’ progress
- Translating lessons into BSL for students
- Previous experience working with children with special educational needs is a bonus but not a necessity.
- A qualification in British Sign Language (BSL) at Level 2 or above
- A patient and caring approach to working with children
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Continuous professional development opportunities
- Access to over a 100 CPD courses
- A Sector Specialist Dedicated consultant
- Numerous webinars to increase knowledge
- Refer a friend scheme
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of children with special educational needs
If you are a passionate and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant with BSL and you are looking for a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.