1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
£77-£90 per day
Protocol Education are currently working with a leading Pupil Referral Unit seeking a Full-Time Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with students with ASD and Behavioural Challenges. They are looking for someone to start ASAP.
This role would also suit a mainstream Teaching Assistant, who has a keen interest in transitioning over to working within (SEMH) Social, Emotional, Mental Health, ASC, ADHD, and is willing and able to deal with Behavioural Challenges.
About the School:
- A specialist provision for students with an Educational Health Care Plan, where the primary needs are ASC, ADHD and SEMH difficulties.
- A school which aims to provide an atmosphere where pupils and families feel welcome and supported.
- Taking a holistic approach to the child's learning journey.
- The school is open to the community during holidays and weekends.
- Strong, reliable, and consistent.
- Passionate about working with vulnerable youth.
- Wanting to support pupils in the classroom, carefully guiding and helping them to make good progress in key areas.
- Flexible and willing to take on all challenges.
- Must be confident, and passionate about making a difference to students’ academic success.
If you believe you fit the requirements of this role, please apply now and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.