Protocol Education are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant who can support young people with additional learning needs. The students often find it difficult to engage and learn within the classroom environment, therefore they need your support to make their education exciting, engaging and accessible for them.
About the Role:
- 1:1 or small groups of students.
- Supporting a range of SEN needs.
- Supporting their social communication, interaction, and interpretation skills.
- Engaging them in their learning.
- Developing strategies to help them self-regulate their emotions.
- Supporting them to develop confidence, self-esteem, and independence.
Specific Experience Required:
- Minimum 6 months experience supporting young people with SEN.
- The ability to plan and deliver engaging sessions.
- A creative approach to teaching.
Suitable Candidates will need to:
- Be creative in their approach to teaching and engagement.
- Be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental.
- Be easily approachable and person-centred.
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding.
If this is of interest to you, or you would like some more information about this vacancy, apply today and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.