1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
Temp to Perm Opportunity
£77-£90 per day
Protocol Education are currently working with a leading SEN school seeking a full-time Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with students with ASD and behavioural challenges. They are looking for someone to start ASAP and work until the beginning of the academic year (January 2024), with the possibility of going permanent, or extending the placement to next year.
This role would also suit a mainstream Teaching Assistant, who has a keen interest in transitioning over to working within (SEMH) Social, Emotional, Mental Health, ASC, ADHD, and is willing and able to deal with challenging behaviour.
About the School:
- A specialist provision for students with an Educational Health Care Plan where the primary needs are ASC, ADHD and SEMH difficulties.
- A school which aims to provide an atmosphere where pupils and families feel welcome and supported.
- Taking a holistic approach to the child's learning journey.
- Children are encouraged to take part in a wide range of sporting events and clubs, and other extra-curricular activities that build social and personal skills.
- Strong, confident, and compassionate.
- Passionate about working with vulnerable youth.
- Wanting to support pupils in the classroom, carefully guiding and helping them to make good progress in key areas.
- Flexible and willing to take on all challenges.
- Must have at least 6 months’ school-based experience.
If this is a role that interests you, please apply now and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.