We are currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants to work at our schools throughout Wandsworth.
Learning Support and teaching requirements:
- Support pupil learning through the delivery of specific learning programmes, setting high expectations whilst encouraging their independence and building their confidence.
- Mentor students on a 1:1, planning and leading a series of booster and intervention sessions to tackle difficult topics.
- Observe, record and feedback information of pupil performance.
- Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher to assist in behaviour management and to support pupils in their learning objectives.
- Promote inclusion, encouraging pupils to interact and work collaboratively.
- Adapt and develop resources for EAL and SEND pupils, ensuring their safety and enabling them to access the curriculum.
- Assist in creating materials for curriculum delivery and display boards.
- Right to work in UK.
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil.
- To be a learner and continually seek professional development opportunities.
- Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or must be willing to pay for one.
- Experience of working with children in a tutoring or classroom capacity.
- Experience managing children in a formal setting
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent at grade C or above (or equiv)
- Certified teach assistant course or training or willingness to undertake this
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.