We are currently recruiting for a SEND Teaching Assistants in the Havering area.
Are you a passionate, eager and caring individual, who will go above and beyond to help assist the learning of Primary School Pupils?
This role will entail working on 1:1 or group basis within Primary Schools in your local area. There may be requirements for you to work on a 1:1 basis with SEND children or children with behavioural needs.
It is ideal that the successful candidate holds experience within the last 3 years in the following sectors:
- Youth work
- Care / Hospital
- Psychology / Sociology graduates
About the successful candidate:
- Experience with working alongside children is desired but not essential.
- A bubbly and enthusiastic person, who can truly make a difference in the classroom to not only pupils but the teachers.
- Enjoys working with young people and can positively impact their lives and education.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal/written skills and reading skills.
- As a teaching assistance, you will be working alongside the classroom teacher and assisting them with the delivery of the lesson.
- To manage the behaviour of pupils while they undertake their work.
- De-escalate situations within the classroom to allow a peaceful and proactive educational environment.
- Collection of the pupils work at the end of the lessons and returning it to the appropriate recipient.
If you are interested in this role, please click ‘apply now’ or give the Chelmsford branch a call on 01245 213220.
All applicants must have relevant qualifications and training for this role. For more information, please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promotion the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘keeping children safe in education’. This may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.