Teaching Assistant & One to One support - Harrogate & Surrounding areas (Excellent rates of pay)
Most roles go permanent and have really family friendly hours....
You will be supporting students with their academic, personal and social development in a specialist setting based just out of Harrogate town centre. This role is demanding and challenging, however extremely rewarding. You will be supporting learners with Social, Emotional and Mental Health or Autism/Complex needs in a specialist learning environment. You’ll be required to use a reflexive approach to learners, their learning and needs, and be able to work creatively and pro actively. Emotional resilience and an ability to engage learners whom may have had a negative experience of education is a must, ideally you may have experience working in a similar environment.
What the work entails....
• Working in small class groups or with individual students helping them to access a curriculum
• Adapting learning to increase interaction.
• Provide emotional support if required.
• Encourage appropriate social interactions and participate in enrichment such as trips out.
• Maintaining professional standards at all times.
The ideal person
• Working in a similar environment or other experience of working with young people whom may present challenging behaviours.
• Resilience and patience, compassion and understanding.
• An ability to be proactive, creative and empathetic.
• To be able to follow detailed behaviour support plans (BSPs), individual learning plans (ILPs).
• To adhere to the school’s policies and practices.
• Ideally you will be Team Teach trained (not essential) Training will be offered with our in-House trainers
In return we offer
• Excellent daily rates payed weekly through PAYE
• Support throughout your placements and training
• Access to a dedicated SEND consultant who's been a Teacher and worked as Supply staff.
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.