Are you a compassionate and dedicated Teaching Assistant with experience in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)? Do you have a passion for making a positive impact on a child's educational journey? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a 1:1 SEND Teaching Assistant at a reputable primary school in Loughton.
- Provide dedicated 1:1 support to a child with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Assist the child in accessing the curriculum and adapting learning materials as necessary.
- Create a safe and nurturing environment to foster the child's social, emotional, and educational development.
- Collaborate with the classroom teacher and SENCO to implement individualized learning plans.
- Monitor and record the child's progress and report to the school's SEN team.
- Foster positive relationships with the child, parents, and other staff members.
- Previous experience working with children with SEND is essential.
- Relevant qualifications, such as a Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification, are preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting children with SEND.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a dynamic educational environment.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Why Join Us:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- Collaborative and supportive school environment.
- Chance to make a meaningful difference in a child's life.
- Full-time position starting in September.
If you are an experienced Teaching Assistant with a heart for supporting children with SEND and you are ready to embark on a fulfilling journey, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and passion for this role.
Please note that this position is offered through Protocol Education Agency and will require compliance with their application and vetting processes.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other relevant pre-employment checks.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.