Job Title: Special Needs Teaching Assistant
Hours: 8.30 - 3.30pm
Start date: September 2023
We are currently seeking a passionate and dedicated Special Needs Teaching Assistant to join a lovely SEND school in September 2023 in Lewisham.
In this role, you will work closely with students who have special needs and assist them with their academic and personal development. You will collaborate with teachers and other professionals to create an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all students.
- Provide individualized support to students with special needs, including but not limited to autism, learning disabilities, and emotional and behavioral disorders.
- Assist students in their academic activities, such as reading, writing, and math, while also addressing their individualized needs.
- Help students with their personal care needs, including toileting and feeding, as needed.
- Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to create and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students.
- Monitor student progress and provide regular feedback to teachers and parents/guardians.
- Create and implement behavior plans, as needed, to support students in their social and emotional development.
- Create a safe and supportive learning environment for all students.
- GCSE or equivalent required; associate's or bachelor's degree in education or related field preferred.
- Experience working with students with special needs preferred.
- Knowledge of special education laws and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the needs of individual students.
- Patience, compassion, and a positive attitude.
We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment. If you are passionate about working with students with special needs and have the qualifications and experience we are looking for, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Candidates will be contacted in 3 working days. Please attach up to date CV upon application to be considered for this role.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.