Teaching Assistant - Special Educational Needs
Salary: £77 - £90 per day - depending on experience
Start Date: September 2023
Protocol Education is currently recruiting for a dedicated Teaching Assistant to support children with a range of special educational needs for a school in Colchester. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be working closely with the teacher and other professionals to ensure that the children you support receive the best possible education and care.
- Supporting children with complex learning difficulties and disabilities, including those with autism and other communication difficulties.
- Developing strategies to enable children to engage meaningfully in their learning.
- Providing personalized support for children as required, according to their individual needs.
- Assisting the teacher in implementing a range of activities to promote children's learning and development.
- Building positive and supportive relationships with parents, carers, and other professionals involved in the child's care.
- Previous experience working with children with special educational needs, preferably in a school setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with children, parents, and colleagues.
- A strong commitment to promoting equal opportunities and inclusivity.
- A relevant qualification or training in special educational needs or a related area would be an advantage.
- A current and valid Enhanced DBS disclosure, or willingness to apply for one.
If you're an experienced and passionate Teaching Assistant who is committed to helping children with special educational needs achieve their full potential, we would love to hear from you. Please apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.