Job Title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £350 - £400 a week
Contract Type: Full-time,
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate SEN Teaching Assistant to join our team working with specialist provsions across the county. The successful candidate will provide support to children with special educational needs and disabilities, helping them to access the curriculum and reach their full potential.
- Work with the class teacher to plan and deliver engaging lessons and activities that meet the individual needs of pupils
- Provide one-to-one support to pupils with SEN, including those with autism, learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviour
- Help pupils to develop their social skills, independence and self-esteem
- Support pupils during break times and other non-teaching periods
- Keep accurate records of pupils' progress and behaviour
- Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant qualification, or equivalent (Or good relative experience)
- Experience working with children with SEN in a school setting
- Knowledge of SEN support strategies and techniques
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A positive and nurturing approach to working with children
We offer a competitive salary, ongoing professional development opportunities and a supportive and friendly working environment. If you are passionate about working with children with SEN and want to make a positive difference in their lives, then we would love to hear from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.