Job Title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Salary: £385-£405 per week (full-time, during school hours)
Hours: Full-time, during school hours
We are currently seeking a dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant to join our team at a specialist provision in Leeds. Our school caters to learners with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) and offers a supportive and inclusive learning environment. As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing high-quality education and support to our students.
• Provide one-to-one and group support to learners with ASC.
• Assist in planning and delivering tailored lessons and activities.
• Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
• Support students during lunchtime and break periods.
• Collaborate with teachers and other support staff to ensure the students' needs are met.
• Communicate effectively with parents and external professionals involved in the students' care.
• Contribute to the development of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and behavior management strategies.
• Previous experience working with people with ASC.
• Sound knowledge of special educational needs and strategies to support learners with ASC.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Patience, empathy, and a positive attitude towards working with learners with special educational needs.
This is a full-time position during school hours, offering a competitive salary of £385-£405 per week. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of our students and work in a supportive and nurturing environment.
If you are passionate about special education and meet the criteria outlined above, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.