We are currently recruiting for a SEND teaching assistant to work 1:1 in Primary Schools located in the Portishead area to start in April 2023. This particular school provides outstanding curriculum to students ageed 5-11 years old with some children having special needs that include autism, speech & language difficulties and physical disabilities.
Their focus is to provide tailored curriculum that enable to students to excel in all aspects of their learning such as numeracy, literacy, sensory integration, social and life skills. As a teaching assistant you will be supporting students on a one-to-one basis, working collaboratively with the class, assisting students in classes such as Maths, Literacy and recreational activities.
• Full time - 08:30 - 15:30
• Long term Opportunity
- Having SEND expereince is an abaloute MUST, This is non negotiable as the children vary in needs from high to low.
- Differentiating the work to meet the students’ needs
• Promoting am engaging positive learning experience
Protocol Education are looking for a candidate who:
-Believes that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Is rigorous, relentless, determined, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a leader
- Utilises a variety of teaching methods to present engaging, thoughtful lessons and CPD sessions
- Is caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the wellbeing with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community.
What we can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD)including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- Social gatherings, a great opportunity to meet other candidates.
- £250 referral scheme.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.