SEN Teaching Assistant
Protocol Education are currently working with a mainstream Primary School in Greenford who are searching for a Teaching Assistant to work in their Nursery Classroom. The school is a two-form entry primary school with a nursery. They are the borough provision for children with speech and language difficulties. The school has been rated 'Good' by Ofsted with welcoming children, supportive parents and hard working staff and governors. They all work together to provide the best possible learning opportunities for all the children. The school have high expectations of learning and behaviour and seek to develop happy confident children. Your role is to help support the young children within the nursery with their speech and comunication. Knowledge of the EYFS is desired but not essesntial. This role is full-time.
Qualitites roles and responsibilities:
- Be a pro-active member of staff, showing initiative
- Strong knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Makaton trained
- To help in the preparation and organisation of classroom resources including adjusting in classroom layout
- To feedback information to the Teacher in Charge of the Provision on the observed difficulties in understanding or skills.
- To lead small group activities within a class, as directed by the teacher, to support students
- To work to the direction of the teacher and to support the setup of individual schedules and work systems.
- To help the students work as independently as possible
- The ability to work well within a team
- Passionate and interested with working with children for SEND
- Patient and understanding approach
- Provide 1:1 support
- Previous experience working with SEN children
Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing support from our approachable and friendly team
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD)
- £250 refer a friend scheme
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance. 'Keeping children safe in Education'. We also offer FREE online Safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS update service.
If you are interested in this role then please apply or get in touch with us.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.