SEN Teaching Assistant Reception - Greenwich (Goldharbour).
Protocol Education are working with a Primary School in Greenwich who are recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to join their Reception class. The school offer their children a broad, balanced, relevant Roman Catholic curriculum of the highest standard, which aims to develop their moral, cognitive, spiritual and physical needs and prepares them for responsibilities and experiences of adult life. The ideal candidate must have relevant expereince working in the Early Years environment and be a pro-active individual. Makaton training and speech and language training is desired for this role to support the child who you will be working 1:1 with on a daily basis. This role is full-time.
Qualitites, Roles and Responsibilities
- Be a pro-active member of staff, showing initiative
- Strong knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Makaton trained
- Speech and language trained
- To help in the preparation and organisation of classroom resources including adjusting in classroom layout
- To feedback information to the Teacher in Charge of the Provision on the observed difficulties in understanding or skills.
- To lead small group activities within a class, as directed by the teacher, to support students
- To work to the direction of the teacher and to support the setup of individual schedules and work systems.
- To help the students work as independently as possible
- The ability to work well within a team
- Passionate and interested with working with children for SEND
- Patient and understanding approach
- Provide 1:1 support
- Previous experience working with SEN children
Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing support from our approachable and friendly team
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD)
- £250 refer a friend scheme
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance. 'Keeping children safe in Education'. We also offer FREE online Safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS update service.
If you are interested in this role then please apply or get in touch with us via email: email@example.com or Call Nataliya on 0208 461 8900
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.