This organisation is a proud, growing educational community with a vision to be an exceptional creative education family opening doors, opening minds and changing lives. They strive to significantly improve the life chances and outcomes for their children and young people (CYP) whether they are within the SEND provisions or mainstream schools.
A Special School currently has a vacancy at our school, for an enthusiastic individual to support pupils with SEMH needs. The school meets the educational needs of 128 pupils with PMLD, SLD and MALD all with an EHCP. An additional provision for up to 20 Primary SEMH pupils will open in November 2023. The role commands high professional standards and a commitment to developing the teaching and learning of special needs within a supportive provision.
Due to the expansion the School is looking for an SEN teacher.
The attached job description will detail your role in full. But at a glance, some of the key fields you will be responsible for include:
- To prepare and deliver lessons that engage and enthuse the students to develop a love for learning.
- To have the ability to use ICT effectively to support teaching and learning.
- To have an enthusiastic, imaginative, and caring approach to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- To be able to work as part of a team and build positive relationships.
- To have high expectations of students’ achievements relating to learning, independence, and behaviour
- To have the ability to build positive relationships with students.
Really important for the school that you feel comfortable and confident in your role, so although you may not have everything desirable, there are some essential features our appointee will need to have, and these include:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalency (QTLS)
- Have excellent communication, Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- Have experience of working with children with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)/Social Communication and Interaction Difficulties (SCID)
What to Expect from Protocol
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- Guaranteed work agreements that guarantee consistent work and income
- CPD during half term or summer
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
- Guidance and support from an experienced team with over 31 years’ experience in the education and recruitment sector
- Free Webinars on topical, relevant information within schools to enhance and keep professional knowledge updated
- £50 refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community that supports new and existing teachers
- Social events & termly awards that celebrate outstanding performance and commitment
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If you are interested in this role please apply through this advert or apply on our Protocol Education website.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.