Here at Protocol, we are looking for an SEN Teacher to join the team in an OFSTED Rated “Good” school in Lewisham. AS a SEN (Special Educational Needs) Teacher you would be responsible for creating and implementing educational programs that cater to students with special needs. They work with students who have a range of disabilities, such as physical, cognitive, and emotional challenges, to ensure that they receive the support and guidance they need to succeed.
- Design and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special needs
- Adapt instructional materials and teaching techniques to meet the diverse needs of students
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, and other professionals, such as therapists and educational psychologists
- Monitor and assess student progress and adjust teaching strategies as needed
- Collaborate with other teachers and support staff to create a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Special Education or a related field
- Teaching certification or license
- Experience working with students with special needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be patient, flexible, and empathetic in challenging situations
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations related to special education
Apply today for September start! Successful candidates will be contacted in 3 working days.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.