If they can't learn the way we teach, we teach the way they learn.
If this resonates with you, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking a keen individual to work in a fantastic, mainstream, primary school, in the London Borough of Brent, as a SEN Teaching Assistant. This role would start September 2023 and they are looking for both full-time and part-time roles. Ideally, they are searching for a candidate that has a passion for providing pupils with an enriched, exciting, and supportive environment. Additionally, having some experience with SEN children, however, this is not essential.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to assist the management and design of the class, carry out interventions and deliver programmes tailored to children with SEN and other complex needs. You will work closely with the SENCO and other members of the school team to provide a safe and nurturing environment for all students.
SEN Teaching Assistant Job Description:
- SEN Teaching Assistant - Primary School
- Monday - Friday
- Part-time/ Full-time, full academic year, term-time only
- £77-£95 per day
- Located in Brent
SEN Teaching Assistant Job Role:
- Working 1:1 with students with SEN and additional needs
- Communicate the children’s knowledge and understanding to other school staff.
- Maintain the classroom and equipment in a safe and tidy condition.
- Promote, support, and facilitate inclusion by encouraging participation of all pupils in learning and extracurricular activities.
Ideal SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Previous experience working as a SEN TA in a school environment.
- A good understanding of SEND.
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to ensuring that every student receives the best possible education.
If you are interested in this SEN Teaching Assistant role then apply now! Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted by your personal consultant (if short-listed!). However, if this job doesn't appeal to you, but you are looking for something similar, then please still send over your CV.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.