SEN Support Learning Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a Good Ofsted rated school in Stockton-on-Tees for a Support Learning Assistant with SEN experience specifically ASD. Autism is often diagnosed during primary education pupils may need support in class to keep them on task and potentially deal with any behaviour issues. The right candidate will need to be flexible and reliable in helping to provide support with routine and engagement to the pupils. This role is a full time and opportunity, supporting various year groups/classrooms. The SEN Support Learning Assistant role is a challenging but a highly rewarding experience that is pivotal to the overall learning and development of pupils.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
• Previous experience of supporting on a one-to-one or smaller groups basis specifically pupils with ASD
• Experience of working as a Support Learning Assistant or have transferable skills
• Minimum Level 2 Teaching and Learning Support Qualification or be willing to complete
• Experience in working with children with challenging behaviours
• Be flexible and available for work
• Enhanced DBS on Update Service or be willing to purchase
• References covering the last 2 years minimum
• Be able to demonstrate de-escalation techniques and apply behaviour policies
What can Protocol Education offer?
• Competitive rates of pay using a Pay As You Earn System (PAYE)
• Opportunity for continued professional development through FREE training courses (CPD)
• A dedicated recruitment specialist to support you
• Fantastic work life balance
• £250 Refer A Friend Scheme
A UK driving licence is advantageous due to the location of some of our schools.
If you are interested in this role then apply now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.