SEN Primary Teacher
Protocol Education are seeking to recruit a teacher to join a specialist provision in Telford. The provision caters for children with social, emotional, and mental health needs aged 6-16. The school pride themselves on the opportunities that they offer their children and the interventions and therapies that they offer.
A teacher within this setting will provide an engaging, exciting curriculum which will meet the needs of all the children in the class according to the SEND aims of the setting. The children who attend this setting will have an EHCP in place and therefore excellent utilisation of additional staff in the classroom must be implemented to provide the best possible outcomes for the pupils. Due to the needs of the children prior experience working with children with challenging behaviour is essential however a keen desire to make a positive impact on children not only academically, but socially emotionally, and physically is crucial.
• Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
• Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils.
• Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge.
• Plan and teach well-structured lessons.
• Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils.
• Make accurate and productive use of assessment.
• Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
• Fulfil wider professional responsibilities.
• Utilise adults in the classroom to meet the needs of the children.
• Liaise with outside agencies according to the children’s progress and aims.
- Prides itself of having a carefully planned curriculum
- Offers a supportive and encouraging ethos, to allow you to develop at your own pace
- Offers an environment where the potential of each child is at the heart of everything they do
- Allows opportunities for you to practice your leadership and/or creative skills
- Close to public transport links
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.