You could be the first person your students encounter who wants to listen, give support, and instil hope for the future. With your SEN experience, student-centred approach, and creative teaching strategies, you'll inspire our young people's education whilst helping them to overcome their various barriers.
You'll be up for the challenge, showing commitment, resilience & innovation.
Now, think of that one person who made a positive difference in your life and ask yourself the question: ‘If it wasn’t for them, would I be who I am today?’
- Exciting full-time/permanent position to start ASAP
- Plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes centred around the young person's needs & interests
- Attend occasional staff catch up days
- Job satisfaction - you'll make huge, tangible differences to young people's lives
- Dedicated line manager support
- Competitive salary and your travel costs are fully covered
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities to grow your knowledge
- An excellent benefits package that includes counselling support & gym/shop discounts
- Our 2 consecutive Silver Investors in People Awards show how we invest in our people!
What do you need?
- Experience of supporting & teaching students who have SEN or Mental Health needs
- An excellent track record of planning and delivering education, with focus on Maths
- An engaging and easily approachable demeanour as well as resilience, patience, and empathy
- 100% commitment to Safeguarding & Child Protection
- A good understanding of and adaptability to IT systems
- Access to your own vehicle is required (travel costs are fully covered)
- QTS / PGCE
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.