Protocol Education are working with a mainstream Primary school within Colchester.
I am looking for a caring, supportive and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to work on a 1-1 basis with a child that has SEN.
You must previous experience working with children that have SEND on a 1-1 basis. The school are looking to appoint an LSA as soon as possible. This role is a full time position until the end of the academic year.
If you have experience as a Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant and have supported children with a range of SEND's or general classroom support, then please get in contact and apply ASAP!
This is a full time position, Monday to Friday (8:20am - 3:30pm)
The ideal candidate:
- MUST have previous experience working with SEN children on a 1:1 basis
- Previous experience working in a school setting
- Patient and understanding approach
- Takes the hands-on approach and is always ready to support the pupil and class teacher.
- Passionate about working with SEN children
· A high level of emotional intelligence and excellent communication/interaction skills
· Energy, enthusiasm and a flexible approach with the ability to look upon demands as an opportunity to be positive and inspirational
- Required to work on a 1:1 basis with the selected pupil encouraging and supporting the work set by the class teacher
- Ensuring the pupil is work ready with all the correct equipment and is on time
- Shadowing the pupil during all lessons throughout the day
Protocol Education will offer you:
- An extremely competitive pay rate
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (No hidden umbrella costs)
- A team of professional and experienced consultants to guide you
- CPD - face-to-face and online training
- Around-the-clock support and assistance from Protocol Education
- £250 Refer a Friend
Protocol Education is a leading supply teaching agency. We provide schools with the teaching, support and SEN staff they need to be successful, while helping teachers, teaching assistants and nursery staff find rewarding work that furthers their careers.
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position or would like further information on how we can support you please click apply now or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.