We are recruiting for a brand-new Special Needs School opening in September 2023 in the London Borough of Newham!
Protocol Education are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Learning Support Assistants to work on a full-time basis and start in September 2023. You will have the opportunity to start working straight away at another school within the Trust, until the new school is ready to open.
We are welcoming applications from candidates that are new to the role. This position would be very beneficial for any Graduate considering a career in Teaching or a Psychology Graduate who may be considering pursuing a career in Clinical or Educational Psychology.
This brand-new, purpose-built school will have the capacity to serve up to 105 pupils aged five to nineteen and will be a designated school to support children with autistic spectrum conditions, providing children with the most complex needs a first-class learning environment to support their education.
The working days are Monday – Friday, the working hours are 8:30-16:00.
- Excellent weekly pay, paid into your account every Friday
- Staff member for a brand-new school in Newham that is part of the Harmony Trust, with plenty of opportunities of career progression
- Training and development courses to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Dedicated consultant who will support you through your placement
- Regular reviews and pay increases based on performance
- Rewarding job with an excellent, supportive team around you
- Invites to Protocol Education coffee mornings and events hosted for our educators
- Recommend a friend incentive scheme earning up to £250 per person (uncapped!)
Qualities, roles and responsibilities:
- To help in the preparation and organisation of the classroom resources
- To feedback information to the teacher in charge of the provision
- To work under the direction of the SENCO
- To led small group activities within a class as directed by the teacher
- To help the students work as independently as possible
- The ability to work well within a team
- Passionate and interested working with children who have SEND
- Patient and understanding approach
If this sounds like an opportunity you want to be a part of please apply and email your up to date CV to email@example.com ASAP
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.