Do you have experience with special needs children/ and or adults?
Are you passionate about providing the right support for young children who require 1:1 assistance?
If this resonates with you, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking a keen individual to work in a fantastic, mainstream, primary school, in the London Borough of Harrow, as a 1:1 special needs Teaching Assistant.
This role would start September 2023, and is a full-time role. Ideally, they are searching for a candidate that has a passion for providing pupils with an enriched, exciting, and supportive environment. Additionally, having some experience with SEN children (personal as well as professional), however, this is not essential.
As a special needs Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to assist the management and design of the class, carry out interventions and deliver programmes tailored to children with SEN and other complex needs. You will work closely with the SENCO and other members of the school team to provide a safe and nurturing environment for all students.
SEN KS1 Teaching Assistant Job Description:
- Monday - Friday
- Full-time, full academic year, term-time only
- ASAP & September 2023 Start
- £385-£475 weekly
- Located in Harrow
SEN Teaching Assistant Job Role:
- Working 1:1 with students with special and additional needs - e.g. Autism, ADHD, learning difficulties etc.
- Communicate the children’s knowledge and understanding to other school staff.
- Maintain the classroom and equipment in a safe and tidy condition.
- Promote, support, and facilitate inclusion by encouraging participation of all pupils in learning and extracurricular activities
- A commitment to ensuring that every student receives the best possible education.
Why register with Protocol Education?
We can offer you:
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability.
- Training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor.
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous bonus.
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
We have vacancies across North West London
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit across the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard – Protocol Education are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
If you are interested in this KS1 SEN Teaching Assistant role then apply now! Send your CV to email@example.com and you will be contacted by your personal consultant (if short-listed!). However, if this job doesn't appeal to you, but you are looking for something similar, then please still send over your CV.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.