Protocol Education has been selected as the approved National Tutoring Programme (NTP) Tuition Partner to support this SEMH School in Southend-on-Sea.
The school’s aim is to support Y10 and Y11 students in order to close gaps in Reading, Writing and Maths particularly for their vulnerable pupils. Many of the student have been on modified learning plans and have fell behind expected levels.
You would preferably work 9-2pm and deliver 45 minute sessions until the end of the academic year but they would consider part-time tutors if required. majority of the learning would be face to face however may require on-line if students haven't attended school that day. You will need to be patient, flexible in your approach, able to chunk work, short sharp tuition and give students brain breaks as and when required.
To be considered for the position of an NTP Tutor, you will:
- Be a Qualified Teacher, hold a degree level qualification in a relevant subject, or have experience working in a similar environment
- Have a minimum of six months tutoring or teaching / intervention /SEND experience with excellent references
- Be committed to planning, delivering and reporting on high-quality, impactful tuition that engages your students
- Be required to complete our mandatory CPD certified Tuition Toolkit training programme
What's in it for you?
- Excellent rates of pay between £25 - £35 per hour via PAYE
- Flexible hours to work as and when you want to supplement studies or general work/life balance
- Excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and learn new skills
- Having an impact on the learning, progress and development of the students with which you are working
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role please click apply NOW
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.