SEMH Teaching Assistant ( Secondary )
SEPTEMBER 2023 START FULL TIME
You will join a team of experienced, successful and highly supportive support staff working in a high-quality well-resourced environment.
The role :
- support students with social, emotional and mental health needs with small group interventions and in-class support with bespoke learning programmes.
- deliver first class support and supervision for student’s independent study.
- build positive relationships with students to motivate them to overcome barriers to learning
- maintain accurate and appropriate records to ensure everything is up to date.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience of working with students with SEMH needs in a school or similar setting
- be understanding, flexible and patient with high aspirations for all students within the provision.
- hold excellent literacy and numeracy skills to support academics up to GCSE
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.