We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic SEMH Teaching Assistant to join our team at a school in Barnsley. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs to achieve their full potential.
The SEMH Teaching Assistant will be responsible for:
- Providing support to students with SEMH needs in the classroom and in small groups
- Implementing behavioural management strategies to promote positive behaviour
- Helping to develop individual learning plans for students
- Supporting students with their emotional well-being
- Liaising with teachers and other professionals to ensure that students receive appropriate support
- Providing feedback to teachers on student progress and behaviour
The ideal candidate for the SEMH Teaching Assistant role will have:
- Previous experience working with children with SEMH needs
- A good understanding of SEMH difficulties and how to support students with these needs
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- A relevant NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential.
- This is a full-time role, working 5 days a week during term time.
- The role will start as soon as possible
If you are passionate about supporting students with SEMH needs and have relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.