SEMH Teaching Assistant
Location: South Tyneside, Tyne and Wear
Contract Type: Full-time
Protocol Education is a vibrant and inclusive educational institution currently recruiting in South Tyneside, dedicated to providing a supportive and nurturing environment for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We are committed to helping each child reach their full potential and overcome the unique challenges they may face.
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate SEMH Teaching Assistant to join our team. As an SEMH Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students, providing essential support to individuals who may require extra assistance due to their SEMH needs.
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to students with SEMH needs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages students to reach their academic and personal goals.
- Work closely with teachers, parents, and external agencies to support students' holistic development.
- Implement behavior management strategies and de-escalation techniques when necessary.
- Monitor and track the progress of students and provide feedback to the teaching team.
- Encourage and promote emotional well-being and resilience among students.
- Relevant experience working with students with SEMH needs is preferred.
- A relevant teaching assistant qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students.
- A commitment to promoting an inclusive and nurturing learning environment.
- The ability to adapt to a dynamic educational setting.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- A supportive and collaborative team environment.
- The chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of students with SEMH needs.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about supporting students with SEMH needs and are ready to join a dynamic and caring educational community in South Tyneside please send your CV / a covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role to email@example.com. Please also include the names and contact information of two professional references.
Protocol Eductaion is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of students with SEMH needs. Your dedication and passion can help transform their educational journey.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.