Job Title: SEMH Primary Teaching Assistant
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £77 per day (full-time)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) Primary Teaching Assistant to work in a specialist SEMH setting in Wakefield. The successful candidate will support primary-aged students with SEMH needs, providing individualized interventions and support to enable them to achieve their full potential.
- Provide 1:1 and small group support to primary-aged students with SEMH needs
- Develop and implement individualized behavior management plans
- Work closely with the SENCo and other professionals to ensure students' needs are met
- Monitor and record student progress and provide regular feedback to teachers and parents
- Promote a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Relevant experience working with primary-aged students with SEMH needs
- Strong behavior management skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with students and colleagues
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.