We are looking to appointment Social Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH) Support Workers
This role will suit a candidate who understands the challenges that young people face today and is both passionate and committed about contributing to the personal and academic development of every child.
No previous experience needed, as long as you share our passion and values that every young person, whatever their starting points or background, get the education they deserve.
Full time and part time positions available 8.30-3.30 TTO
The successful applicant will:
- Be creative, inclusive and reflective
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Be creative and ‘think outside of the box’ in their approach to supporting pupils with additional needs
- Care deeply about pupils academic, emotional, and personal development and have empathy for their individual circumstances
- Have a supportive and encouraging attitude, to inspire trust and to motivate students
- Be confident in working closely with other staff and parents to bring about positive change for each child
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the student, depending on their individual communication, and learning skill
Protocol Eduction can offer:
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer
- £50 refer a friend rebate
- Free Webinars
- Social events (currently online)
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
- Ongoing honest, friendly and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the personal qualities, we would encourage you to apply now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.