Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Youth Support Worker to work in a thriving special needs school based in Sunderland.
Do you have a passion and talent for supporting children and young people with social emotional and mental health needs?
Do you have experience working as a Secondary Teaching Assistant / Learning Mentor with young people who are not able to attend mainstream school and have a background of behavioural challenges?
SEMH 1:1 Teaching Assistant Requires
- Experience of working with young people with SEND and/or Autism, ADHD, sensory processing difficulties and learning difficulties or experience with SEMH, Trauma, Sensory processing, social communication
- Secondary Teaching Assistant / Learning Mentor / Youth Worker experience
- Ability to build strong and meaningful relationships
- A passion for working with SEND is essential
What you can expect as a SEMH Teaching Assistant
- Excellent experience and training for aspiring Teachers, Pastoral workers, Child Psychologists, Educational Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Counsellors, and Social Workers
- The opportunity to make a huge social impact, as a Secondary Teaching Assistant you could change the path of someone’s life!
If this sound like you, please do not hesitate to get in touch at 0191 297 7270 and ask for Lewis.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.