SEMH in Primary
You will have the chance to join a leading primary school who are looking for pro-active individuals to support Social, Emotional & Mental Health in their classrooms.
Desirable backgrounds that are suitable for this role;
- Creative Graduates (Arts & Drama grads etc)
- Any community support or sports coaching/counselling
- Youth support
- Youth development
- Outreach youth work/Youth empowerment
Special needs experience either professionally or personally is required and managing challenging behaviour is highly desirable as 1 to 1 support will be required of you in this role.
You do not need to have a specific qualification for this role so there is no need to worry about that however you must be someone who cares to support children with their personal, social and educational development.
- The school is newly built and has the best facilities and resources readily available for you to use.
- The school is based in Kings cross whereby the closest station is Kings Cross St Pancras.
- Kings Cross St Pancras station has an international Eurostar which gives you the opportunity to take a quick trip straight to France during the school holidays!
We also work with schools across the entire borough of Camden who are focusing on recruiting for SEMH educators to add to their support staff.
Another Ofsted reported 'Outstanding' school based near Hatton Garden are also looking, so you will have more than one opportunity to land yourself a long-term role.
The work is expected to start right away, if you do have a notice period, please understand that the school are not able to wait and are looking to appoint the most suitable candidate as soon as they can.
Requirements - You must be available between Full Time, 5 days a week during the school’s hours of 08:30 to 16:00 and able to get to the Camden area.
- CPD - Continued Professional Development
- An experienced consultant who will support you through the whole process - no lengthy applications for you to complete.
- Always be listened and looked out for
- Weekly PAYE pay
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.