Protocol Education is currently seeking a SEMH Learning Mentor to join a Rotherham-based school that is conveniently located near transport links and the M1/M18. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs and will be committed to helping them achieve their full potential.
- Supporting students with SEMH needs on a one-to-one basis or in small groups, both in and out of the classroom.
- Implementing strategies and interventions to support students' emotional wellbeing and academic progress.
- Providing pastoral care and promoting positive behaviour management strategies.
- Developing positive relationships with students, staff and parents/guardians.
- Liaising with teaching staff, SENCO and external agencies to ensure students receive the appropriate support.
- Experience working with children with SEMH needs.
- Strong behaviour management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Dedicated consultant to support you throughout your placement.
- Refer a friend scheme
- Access to over a 100 CPD courses
If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is passionate about supporting children with SEMH needs, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.