The SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) Learning Assistant is responsible for providing support to children and young people who have SEMH difficulties. They will work closely with teachers and other professionals to ensure that pupils receive the support they need to achieve their full potential.
- To provide one-to-one and small group support to pupils with SEMH difficulties.
- To work closely with teachers and other professionals to develop and implement strategies to support pupils with SEMH difficulties.
- To help pupils develop coping strategies to manage their SEMH difficulties.
- To help pupils to develop their social and emotional skills.
- To monitor and record pupil progress and report back to the relevant professionals.
- Relevant experience working with children and young people with SEMH difficulties.
- Understanding of SEMH difficulties and strategies to support them.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in challenging situations.
- Relevant qualifications in education or psychology are desirable but not necessary.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.