Protocol Education is seeking a SEMH 1:1 Classroom Support for one of our client schools in Doncaster.
As a SEMH 1:1 Classroom Support, you will work closely with a student who has Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. You will be responsible for providing support and guidance to the student, helping them to engage with their learning and access the curriculum. You will work closely with the teacher to ensure that the student's needs are being met, and will be expected to develop a positive and supportive relationship with the student.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with SEMH students, either in a school or other setting
- A good understanding of SEMH needs and how to support them
- The ability to build positive relationships with students and staff
- Excellent communication skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Relevant qualification in education, psychology or related field is desirable but not necessary
- Enhanced DBS check on the Update service (or willingness to obtain one)
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be available between Full Time, 5 days a week during the school’s hours of 08:30 to 16:00 and able to get to the Doncaster area.
Benefits of working for Protocol
- Dedicated consultant and round the clock support
- Hands on training in branches
- Access to hundreds of CPD courses
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.