Secondary Cover Supervisors/Unqualified Teachers
Are you passionate about education and working with secondary students? Do you have experience teaching various subjects and are looking for a flexible role? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Protocol Education is currently seeking dynamic and experienced individuals to join our team as Secondary Cover Supervisors in across the Bath and North East Somerset area. In this role, you will be working in secondary schools around various areas of Bath and North East Somerset.
Positions can be both on a flexible supply basis or full time. You can work around your availability.
While no specific qualifications are required, schools highly desire candidates with qualifications related to education. However, what is essential is your experience working with secondary students and teaching various subjects. Whether you have worked as a teaching assistant, tutor, or have hands-on experience in a similar role (Coaching, Youth Work etc), your expertise in working with secondary students will be highly valued.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to work across different subjects, covering lessons and providing classroom supervision when teachers are absent.Your role will involve effectively managing the classroom, maintaining discipline, and delivering pre-planned lessons. Your ability to be adaptable and open-minded will be crucial in creating a positive and conducive learning environment for students.
As a Cover Teacher, you will:
- Embrace the role of covering various lessons and delivering pre-set lesson plans
- Ensure student engagement by overseeing their work completion
- Manage classroom behaviour to create a conducive learning environment
- Utilise your adaptability to navigate different subjects and year groups
- Play a key role in supporting the school's continuity of education
• Someone who truly cares for the education of children and thrives in an environment working with likeminded individuals.
• A person who has a passion for installing confidence, knowledge and skills into forming children into becoming members of society later in life.
• Somebody with desire to go the extra mile for their students and truly influence their futures.
• A character who truly makes a difference in the classroom and enjoys working with young people.
• Excellent communication skills; Verbal/written and reading comprehension
• Previous experience working with children and young people
• Proven track record of positively impacting the lives of children, please note - this can be in any field.
• Right to work in the U.K.
What you can expect from Protocol Education;
•An extremely competitive pay rate of £90 - £120 per day (dependant on experience)
•Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (No hidden umbrella costs)
CPD courses & Free Webinars during half terms
Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT/ ECT) Network & community
CV writing & support
Social events, opportunity to network with other educational staff
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If you are interested in this role please apply through this advert or apply on our Protocol Education website.
We pride ourselves on employing a wide range of educators from a variety of experienced backgrounds and settings as well as aspiring educators and teachers with diverse experiences and transferable skills who are passionate and caring individuals to educate children and young people within our schools.
Please note, to apply for this role you must have right to work in the UK.
If you feel you would be great for this role, apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.