Protocol Education are currently recruiting teaching assistants to work in an outstanding special needs secondary school located in Merton, London. This outstanding school are looking for experienced or newly experienced teaching assistants that are able to commit to a full time role, working Monday to Friday.
This role is a long term role and will be for the academic year with the option of continuing.
As a teaching assistant you will be working with secondary aged students in classes ranging from 6 - 8 students per class, which you will be required to support students on a one to one basis, encouraging students participation in art, music, story telling, supporting students with swimming, assisting students with sensory play and developing social & communicational skills.
This school believes every student deserves the very best education and are fully committed to ensuring all students receive the very best. To ensure standards are met the school will offer free training and support staff who are keen to join their team.
- Monday to Friday
- 08:30 - 15:45
- Working with secondary aged special needs students
- Taking part in activities such as swimming, music, story telling
- Supporting students in arts and crafts
- Assisting in sensory play
- Developing students communication through IT resources such as Ipads
- Motor skill development
- Passionate/interested working with children
- Able to commit to a full time role
- Enthusiastic and patient
- Proactive and a willingness to learn
- Keen to make a positive impact
- Competitive pay
- Excellent transport links
- No umbrella companies
- Free training throughout the placement
- Consistent support to help you through the registration process
- A dedicated consultant who has worked in education and volunteered in the school
If you would like to be considered for this role please submit your application immediately or if you prefer please email your CV to email@example.com for an immediate call back.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.