Learning Support Assistant
Protocol Education are working alongside a Wiltshire based Secondary school and looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our vibrant and highly respected Individual Learning Department to support students with their learning. You will be an excellent communicator with a good general education and strong interpersonal skills, to work with students with social, interaction and communication difficulties.
Key responsibilities include supporting students learning, either in lessons, small groups or through 1:1 work aswell as supporting the development of their self-esteem, inclusion and behaviour. A commitment to help all young people and staff to achieve their best and a shared belief in our inclusive ethosis expected of all staff.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with students
- Supporting learners through all aspects of education, whilst promoting independence
- Nurturing students social, emotional health and wellbeing.
What the School is Looking For
- Previous experience of working with students with children and young people
- Experience of working with children with behaviour and SEND is desirable
- Good level of behavioural management
- Ability to build positive rapport with both students and staff
- Resilient and nurturing presence and characteristics
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing tasks/situations
What we Offer
- £11.80 - £13.00 per hour depending on experience
- PAYE so no hidden costs!
- CPD opportunities – Team Teach, Cover Super Visor Training, CV Training
- Free social and network events
- Continued support from experienced education professionals
- Refer a friend scheme! – £250 for every friend you refer to Protocol Education
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If you are interested in this role please apply through this advert or apply on our Protocol Education website.
We pride ourselves on employing a wide range of educators from a variety of experienced backgrounds and settings as well as aspiring educators and teachers with diverse experiences and transferable skills who are passionate and caring individuals to educate children and young people within our schools.
If you feel you would be great for this role, apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.